Why have an electrical safety inspection on your home?
Most people wait until they have an electrical issue in their home before calling an electrician. However, many house fires begin due to electrical faults and overloaded electrical circuits. This can be prevented with an electrical safety inspection. Having the inspection done before you have an issue can save lives as well as possibly saving you money in the long run. It is completely free!
You should have an electrical safety inspection if:
- Your home is more than 20 years old
- Your home has been renovated over the years
- You have old wiring in your home
- If you are selling your home
- If you have just moved into a new home
- If you have you any electrical concerns such as loss of power or flickering lights
- You value the safety of your family and have not had an inspection in many years
What will happen during the electrical safety inspection?
An electrical safety inspection will make sure all of your electrical installations are safe and offer advice on rectifying any potential issues. We will do this by:
- Visually inspecting wiring,circuits and switches to make sure they are not overloaded and are not damaged.
- Checking that you have sufficient safety switches and that they are in working order.
- Checking the placement and working order of your smoke alarms.
- Ensuring all wiring is earthed.
- Running detailed tests with approved metering equipment.
At the end of the assessment the electrician will inform you of the overall condition of your electrical installations. They will also inform you of any specific areas that need attention in order to make then safe. They will also provide an estimate of any further costs involved.