Ceiling Fans in Brisbane really are a necessity and are often used all year round. Ceiling fans can make a room feel up to 8 degrees cooler and are more energy efficient than air conditioning. Ceiling fans work more efficiently than pedestal fans at circulating the air around a room and they take up less space. So what do you need to consider before installing ceiling fans?
What do I need to consider before installing ceiling fans in Brisbane?
- The ideal ceiling height should be between 2.1m to 2.4m. If your ceiling is much higher than this you may need an extension rod. If the ceiling is too low it can be dangerous. Having the ceiling fan at the right height ensures optimum performance.
- Do you have ceiling access? Without adequate ceiling access, it be may be impossible to install a ceiling fan. An example of this is downstairs of a townhouse or brick home. If you are unsure we can have a tradesman come and inspect it for you.
- The look – these days ceiling fans do much more than just cool a room. They can be a showpiece. So choose carefully. Ceiling fans come in many blade materials – timber, MDF, stainless steel, aluminium or plastic. Make sure you choose a style in keeping with your home.
- Noise – If possible, listen to the fan in action before you buy it. Cheap fans often make a noise. There is nothing more irritating than a noisy fan when you are trying to sleep.
- Controls – Do you want a pull cord, remote or switch? Personal preference, although a remote is often used when a fan installation is difficult. Remote controlled fans are the easiest to control.
- In-built light – If your ceiling fan is replacing a light fitting then you will probably want the light integrated into the fan.
- Cost – ceiling fans range from about $80 for a basic white fan (great for rentals) up to over $1000.
A final word on ceiling fan noise
Often a buzzing or humming noise can be heard coming from ceiling fans in Brisbane. This is often caused by ripple control signals sent through the electricity supply. It is used by electricity companies to switch tariffs between peak and off-peak tariff. This is a common problem. Speak to your electrical company as they may be able to fix the problem.
Do you want more information or a quote? Call us on 07 3324 1447 or email